Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Poster Reflection:


1.  I believe my stance is clear. The way I show my stance is by putting a cat inside a hour class. A hourglass has sand inside it, so by putting a cat in it, it shows that animal needs help and someone needs to come save them. Plus, by using a hourglass it also shows that time is running out, and that you need to save the animals fast. Not only that, I emphasis the idea that time is ticking by putting a clock as the background.

2. I think my idea from my thumbnail sketches to my actual digital poster is successful to some extent. Sadly, I was unable to create the effects that I had on my thumbnail sketches onto my digital one. And the fonts and the layout of them changed. Originally it was suppose to be on the top of the hourglass, but it ended up inside the hourglass.

3. My first version it was a cat inside the hourglass crying for help and have a clock has its background. My second version was the same thing, however, I split the page in half, where my first version is on half of the page, and the other half would be pictures of animals being sheltered, to spread the awareness of it. The only reason I added more pictures of animal shelter because it helps to emphasis the idea that animal needs the love from us and that they need us to take care of them.

4. I think the strongest aspect of my poster is the concept because I try to emphasis the idea that animals need to be save by putting it in a critical situation, and show awareness that time is an essence. The weakest aspect of my poster would be design because the colors and font that I used shows what looks good on the poster rather than what helps to show that my poster need to be seen by others and prevent the animal crisis from happening.

5. The most challenging aspect of this project conceptually was thinking how my poster will look and what I should do to make my concept clear. It's really hard to think of a perfect image that people can understand. I need to think about the pictures I'm going to use, and what kind of poster I want it to be.

6. The most challenging aspect of this project was using the tools from Adobe Illustrator. It's hard to use it and create the image that my mind has created. It's hard to remember what I have to do to do this and that. Not only that, I need to use Adobe Illustrator AND Photoshop, which makes things more complicated, since I have to keep going back and forth between these two programs, and making it really confusing.

2 comments:

  1. Your stance is clear, the hourglass makes the issue very urgent. I really like how you added the hourglass, because it speaks to the audience that the more time we waste by sitting back and doing nothing, the more animals that get hurt by the moment. The clock in the background also puts extra emphasis on the issue, and the cute kitten makes the audience want to act now to save it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you made the issue seem very urgent and made me feel bad for the poor cat. I also like how the poster is not agreessive it gives a sense of urgency but it also make people think of their actions. Its not forcing people to do anything it makes them feel they need to do something. I love how cute the cat is.

    ReplyDelete